Home > Postcodes > Postcode Database V2 updated

Postcode Database V2 updated

April 20th, 2008 Leave a comment Go to comments

As a few people have pointed out in the comments there was an error in the initial release of the V2 postcode database, the suburb data had been lost along the way.

I’ve fixed the problem and updated the bzip2 and gzip files. I’ve also removed the mssql version as it never worked anyway. I’m not sure if the problem affects the csv version and I don’t have time to look at it now.

Enjoy.

Categories: Postcodes Tags:
  1. galileo
    May 1st, 2008 at 10:18 | #1

This is excellent, is NZ Post OK with downloading and use of this data?

2. jamsig
    May 29th, 2008 at 10:54 | #2

NZ Post shouldn’t be charging for this data in the first place. Sounds like another money making scheme for them. Thanks for the files Noodles!!!

3. Leonie
    June 23rd, 2008 at 18:16 | #3

Check your ‘Donate’ link – says the certificate id is wrong.

4. June 25th, 2008 at 08:14 | #4

Leonie: Thanks, this has been fixed.

5. Mark Plumpton
    October 22nd, 2008 at 11:34 | #5

Have you still got your MSSQL script. I could try fixing it and getting it to work. I’m interested in the Rural codes which arn’t in the CSV. If I get the script working I will return to you for posting on this site. Cheers.

6. Tarlen
    April 22nd, 2009 at 10:19 | #6

Great resource. I have noticed a couple of issues in it though, and was wondering if you are planning to do an update.

Specifically, some suburbs in multiple cities have the wrong city for the postcode. Eg – Glenfield Rd, Hillcrest (line 14167 in the CSV) has postcode 0627, which is correct, but the “matched address” shows as being in Rotorua, which is incorrect. It should be North Shore.

Reason I hit this issue is that I need the city data separate, and in spliting it out saw some suburbs in odd cities. 🙂

7. April 22nd, 2009 at 17:17 | #7

I have been meaning to do some work on the data, there is an issue where suburbs with the same name in different cities/regions are sometimes given the wrong postcode.

When I get some time I’ll sort out the problem. Check back in a couple of weeks.

8. Matt
    July 22nd, 2009 at 23:40 | #8

I have a working MS-SQL version script if anyone wants it email me [matt AT codebaseltd.com]

9. January 29th, 2014 at 12:21 | #9

Hi,
    Where can I download the CSV file for V2?

1. No trackbacks yet.