Home > Coding, Postcodes > New Zealand Postcode Database

New Zealand Postcode Database

August 9th, 2006 Leave a comment Go to comments

Due to the lack of data from NZ Post, I’ve created this mysql database from the PDF on the NZ Post website.

All efforts have been made to ensure that there are no errors, but there are no guarantees, if you need 100% accurate data please buy NZ Post’s PAF data.

Update: New Zealand Postcode Database version 2

Version 1:

nzpostcodes.sql.gz (467KB)
nzpostcodes.sql.bz2 (313KB)

Categories: Coding, Postcodes Tags:
  1. Eric
    November 8th, 2009 at 14:21 | #1

Hi,

Thanks so much for this. Does it actually contain every region and it’s associate suburbs for NZ??

Thanks so much – > how do I make a donation?
    Eric

2. November 9th, 2009 at 21:00 | #2

It contains every region, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to list the regions in the database as regions change depending on what source you look at.

It’s on the list of things to do.

3. Ken
    November 17th, 2009 at 16:39 | #3

Hi, we are looking for a system to identify the general area of the country the post code is from and calculate the distance between NZ post codes. Will your info do this or can you suggest where we might be able to get this?

4. Owen
    August 22nd, 2010 at 20:27 | #4

Any progress on the districts (esp councils) correlation with postcodes? It would be very useful. . .

5. John
    September 7th, 2010 at 21:00 | #5

Hi
    I just saw this blog and wondered if you could help me.
    I am looking to check distances between NZ postcodes so that I can check how many business are in one area ( and within certain distance from each postcode )

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks John

6. January 11th, 2012 at 22:59 | #6

i would like to appreciate ur efforts….gr8 job….cheers!

7. Dave
    May 15th, 2013 at 03:04 | #7

I’m looking to do a project at Uni using postcodes of students, however approx 2/3’rds are in the old format. I’m only looking at projecting the data at TA level, so the problem of going from one old postcode to many is not an issue. What I’m looking for is a conversion from the old postcode to one of the new, so for Hamilton it would be 2001 (old) to say 3200 (3204,6,10,14 etc), does anyone know where I could find anything like this?

8. Brent
    April 15th, 2016 at 11:48 | #8

I am looking at loading distances between every suburb (using the NZ Post suburb list) in NZ into our transport software. I thought that perhaps one way of doing it would be to base it on average distances between postal codes. Is there a comprehensive postal code to postal code grid or database of distances that matches the current NZ Post list of Postal Codes?

Comment pages